ELTEK Labs has conducted more Electrical Insulation Systems (EIS) and Component Compatibility Testing (CCT) than all other laboratories worldwide combined. ELTEK Labs is proud to be a Third-Party Testing Laboratory for internationally recognized certifying bodies. ELTEK Labs evaluates all types of materials used in the electrical industry – the list is too extensive to present in any simple format.
However, from wire insulation, impregnating resins and insulating varnishes, injection molding resins, oils, gasket materials, flexible composite sheets, from the first material to be in contact with the conductor to the last layer of the outermost component of any insulation system, ELTEK Labs can evaluate it.
Number One in the world for EIS testing to IEC, IEEE, UL, NEMA and military standards, ELTEK Labs is your one-stop shop. Whether evaluating for submerged applications (to standards such as IEEE 1776 or IEC 60034-18), refrigerant applications, or automotive applications, we have the experience to take care of your projects.
Exposure to temperatures as low as -40°C to as high as 350°C – we can meet your project requirements. Exposure to various environments of vapors, liquids, applied voltages under water, wet, dry, high humidity – we run these programs for the entire industry.
A range of High Voltage test equipment provides a wide range of voltage breakdown capabilities. Individual equipment:
- Up to 50kV AC
- Up to 100kV AC with a second tap max. at 10kV
- Up to 150kV AC with a second tap max. at 15kV
- Up to 1kV AC for accuracy in the low AC test range
- Up to 1kV DC for accuracy in the low DC test range
- Impulse testing: IEEE and IEC waveform of 1.2/50µs for impulses up to 48kV; positive, negative or alternating polarity.
Each of these test units can be used for testing all types of materials to ASTM, NEMA, IEEE, IEC, ISO and many other Standards.
Thermal Aging and Exposure:
- More than 100 laboratory grade ovens with operating temperatures up to 350°C
- Three sizes of ovens with interior chamber usable dimensions of:
Depth Width Height 380 400 450 550 550 900 740 1500 1300 (All dimensions are in mm)
- Ovens capable of Voltage Endurance testing and Multifactor testing designs.
- All Laboratory ovens used for LTTA projects are in compliance with IEC 60216-4-1 and IEC 60216-4-2 ASTM D5374 and ASTM D5423.
- Three chambers with capability down to -40°C. Our chambers have internal dimensions of:
Depth Width Height 700 550 1450 620 450 1340 550 1250 500 (All dimensions are in mm)
Humidity and Condensation
- Five chambers with capability for up to 100% RH with visible condensation. The maximum interior dimensions: 560 deep x 480 high x 1500 wide [mm].
- Desiccators and Norlake equipment for other conditions.
- Tensile Strength
- Flexural Strength
- Compressive Strength
- Impact Strength
Click the links below to see our more extensive List(s) of Tests by lab area. Please note the following list is only a sampling of our capabilities. If you do not find your specific needs below, please contact us with your needs. Let us work with you!
- Component Compatibility Test List
- Component Compatibility Testing
- EIS Test List
- IEC Test List
- Material Properties Test List
- Material Tests
- Multifactor Testing
- Photovoltaic Testing
- RTI-LTTA Test List
- UL 1446
- UL 746 Series